The GPS Receiver bundled with Star Sync
software employs a
Garmin GPS16 receiver. The size of a computer mouse, the GPS16 is a complete 12
receiver and embedded antenna. Based on the
proven technology found in other Garmin GPS receivers, the GPS16 will track up to twelve satellites at a time while providing one-second
pulsed time updates. Its far-reaching capability meets the sensitivity
requirements of land applications as well as the demanding requirements of high-performance aircraft.
The GPS16 receiver design utilizes the latest technology and
high-level circuit integration to achieve superior performance while
minimizing space and power requirements. Utilizing Garmin's proprietary chipset, all critical components of the system including the RF/IF receiver hardware and the digital
manufactured by Garmin to ensure outstanding quality and capability.
The Star Sync receiver is housed in a
black, water-resistant case and designed to withstand rugged operating
conditions. While simple to install the minimum installation must provide a source of
AC power and a clear view of the GPS satellites. Internal flash memory
backup allows the GPS16 to retain critical data such as satellite orbital
parameters, last position, date, and time. The Star Sync GPS comes with a
5 meter interface cable, with a DB9 serial data connector and external
AC power supply.
The Star Sync GPS receiver can be mounted
indoors or out and a variety of mounting options are available.
- Differential-ready 12 parallel channel receiver tracks and uses up to
twelve satellites to compute and update a position.
- Sensitivity: –165 dBW minimum
- 2 seconds for reacquisition
15 seconds warm (all data known)
- 45 seconds cold (initial position, time and almanac known, ephemeris
- 5 minutes AutoLocate (almanac known, initial position and time unknown)
- 5 minutes search the sky (no data known)
- 1 pulse per second (+/-1
microsecond subject to Selective Availability), continuous
- 16 ft (5 m) cable, foil-shielded 8
conductor with RJ-45 connector
- Extendable up to 1800 feet (550 m)
using standard CAT5 or CAT6 cable.
- Single construction integrated
- Weight: 6.4 oz, (181 g), not
- Size: 3.58 in dia x 1.65 in (h) (91 mm
dia x 42 mm h)
- Rugged, waterproof design allows
continuous exposure to the prevailing weather conditions.
Operating Temperature: -30°C to +85°C (internal temperature)
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +90°C
- Flash based program and
non-volatile memory requires no battery backup.
Star Sync Product Information:
Installation Information -
Antenna Mounting Options
Frequently Asked Questions about GPS
Star Sync Main